- Python Web Conf Keynote June 2020: Why I talk about ethics when I talk about technology
Chicago Python User Group Data Special Interest Group June 2020: ¡Escuincla babosa! A Python Deep Learning Telenovela
Click here to expand for talks prior to 2020 👇🏽
- Opening Remarks: Loyola University Center for Digital Ethics and Policy Digital Ethics Award November 2019
- Python Brasil Keynot e October 2019
- PyCon LayAm Keynote September 2019 - A line of Python is written and then ...? Exploring the fortuitous impact of el efecto mariposa de Python.
- Strange Loop September 2019 - ¡Escuincla babosa! A Python Deep Learning Telenovela
- PyCon USA May 2019 - ¡Escuincla babosa!: Creating a telenovela script with a neural network
- ChiHackNight March 2019 - Using Data Ethically
- PyCon Sweden Keynote December 2018 - Now is better than Never: What the Zen of Python can teach us about Data Ethics
- Northbay Python November 2018 - ¡Escuincla babosa!: Creating a telenovela script with a neural network
- PyCon España Keynote October 2018 - Now is better than Never: What the Zen of Python can teach us about Data Ethics
- PyOhio Keynote July 2018 - Now is better than Never: What the Zen of Python can teach us about Data Ethics
- PyCon Colombia Keynote February 2018 - Your model is bias, but so is your data: The case for ethics in data science
- DjangoCon USA August 2017 - Using Django, Docker, and Scikit-learn to Bootstrap Your Machine Learning Project
- ACT-W Chicago October 2017 - What is Cyberbullying? A Natural Language Approach to Detecting Cyberbullying
- Open Source Bridge June 2017 - Democratizing Data: What You Need to Know as a Developer to Keep Your Data Collection and Usage Ethical
- PythonDay Mexico June 2017 - Using Django, Docker, and Scikit-learn to Bootstrap Your Machine Learning Project
- GOTO Conf Chicago April 2017 - Predicting free Pizza with Python. Cowabunga Dude!
- Python Jamaica November 2016 - Is that spam in my ham? A novice's inquiry into classification.
- ACT-W Chicago October 2016 - Learning to iteratively set our goals, reflections from a person trying to do it
- That Conference August 2016 - What is Io trivia night? The funnest way to learn Io!
- EuroPython July 2016 - Is that spam in my ham? A novice's inquiry into classification.
- Windy City Things June 2016 - IoT Help? A Tool Belt for the Beginner
- PyTennessee Feb 2016 - Using Python to hack my commute home
- PyOhio Aug 2015 - Is that spam in my ham? A novice's inquiry into classification.
- Negocios Now: Latinos 40 Under 40 Class of 2018 March 2019
- #DeleteFacebook: Is It Time to Say Farewell to Facebook? January 2019
- Crain's Chicago Business Tech Top 50 August 2018
- Crain's Chicago Business 20 in Their 20s: Meet Lorena Mesa May 2016
- Skill Crush - 31 Interesting Job Titles in Tech and the Women Behind Them Mar 2016
- Django Girls - Your Django Story Meet Lorena Mesa June 2015
- I Code. Hire Me.: Lorena Mesa July 2018
- Open Source Craft: Lorena Mesa March 2017
- Greater Than Code: Lorena Mesa March 2017
- Podcast.Init: Lorena Mesa October 2016
- Talk Python to Me Jan 2016 - Episode #41: Getting your first dev job as a Python developer (Part 2)
Writing and Editing
- Modeling Aggression in Online Communities - Georgetown University Data Science Certificate Capstone Project December 2017
- Microsoft International Women's History Month - A Letter to Lorena Mesa (From Lorena Mesa) March 2017
- Sprout Social's Insights Engineering Blog - So you want to code? Feb 2016